FEBRUARY 2018 ACTIVITIES
Those who like to sew are invited to make one strap school bags. These bags will be filled with school supplies that are sent to those in need locally, nationally, and internationally. http://www.midwestmission.org/projects/projects Pattern and materials to sew are available at Bethlehem.
After our worship service on Sunday, March 4, the congregation will be joining together in the dining hall to pack the sewn school bags and health kits to be distributed by the Midwest Distribution Center. Come join us - all are ages can participate. Questions? Contact us through this website or call 320-587-3312.
JANUARY 2018 ACTIVITIES
Sunday, January 14 - Churchwide Special Sunday with Offering - Human Relations Day. A gift designated for Human Relations Day strengthens United Methodist outreach to communities in the United States and Puerto Rico, encouraging social justice and work with at-risk youth. Envelopes will be inserted in January 14 bulletins or mail a gift to Bethlehem UMC. Make gifts payable to Bethlehem UMC and designate them as Human Relations Day,
DECEMBER 2017 ACTIVITIES:
- Camp Scholarships for Costa Rican children - The Mission team is offering an opportunity to support Costa Rican children to attend Camp Penuel - Costa Rica through camper scholarships. In 2016, 750 children participated. Children, age 7-11, come from shanty towns and impoverished areas. A $20 donation helps one child attend a 3-day camp. Send gift made payable to Bethlehem UMC and designate it in the memo line, Camp Penuel Scholarship.
- Hunger Free McLeod - Help restock the shelves for the weekend "Backpack Food Program" by donating a box of instant oatmeal and placing it in the collection box located in the church entry area; continues through December.
- Christmas Offering - It is a tradition to offer an opportunity to participate in a Christmas offering. Sunday, December 17, bulletins will include envelopes for this offering. Place gifts in offering plates at any of our December worship services or mail to the church by December 31. If donating by mail, please write clearly "Christmas Offering" on the check memo line. Please make checks payable to Bethlehem UMC. The Christmas Offering supports:
• United Methodist Committee on Relief Hurricane Relief
• Hunger Free McLeod "Backpack Food Program"
• United Methodist Committee on Relief Health Kits.
- McLeod County Christmas Project. The entry area Christmas tree holds the wishes of McLeod County children. Please return unwrapped purchase with tag attached to Bethlehem UMC by Sunday, December 10.
November 2017 Activities
- Operation Christmas Child Shoebox You may put together a shoebox on your own. Directions on how to pack or donate money to purchase supplies that will be used to complete a church-wide filling of shoeboxes on Wednesday, November 7, for 48 girls shoeboxes and 48 boys shoeboxes. Collection week is the 3rd week of November. UPDATE - The shoeboxes will be delivered to children in the country of South Africa and of Gabon (located on the west coast of Africa).
October 2017 Activities
- Warm Coat Collection for Common Cup
- Drop off your gently used coats at Bethlehem UMC by October 10.
BETHLEHEM SUPPORTS A WIDE VARIETY OF MISSIONS LOCALLY, NATIONALLY, and INTERNATIONALLY
**To find out more about each select the name of the mission**
Hutchinson Public Schools Volunteer Building Greeters
Mcleod County Christmas Project