- Camp Scholarships for Costa Rican children - The Mission team is offering an opportunity to support Costa Rican children to attend Camp Penuel - Costa Rica through camper scholarships. In 2016, 750 children participated. Children, age 7-11, come from shanty towns and impoverished areas. A $20 donation helps one child attend a 3-day camp. Send gift made payable to Bethlehem UMC and designate it in the memo line, Camp Penuel Scholarship.
- Hunger Free McLeod - Help restock the shelves for the weekend "Backpack Food Program" by donating a box of instant oatmeal and placing it in the collection box located in the church entry area; continues through December.
- Christmas Offering - It is a tradition to offer an opportunity to participate in a Christmas offering. Sunday, December 17, bulletins will include envelopes for this offering. Place gifts in offering plates at any of our December worship services or mail to the church by December 31. If donating by mail, please write clearly "Christmas Offering" on the check memo line. Please make checks payable to Bethlehem UMC. The Christmas Offering supports:
• United Methodist Committee on Relief Hurricane Relief
• Hunger Free McLeod "Backpack Food Program"
• United Methodist Committee on Relief Health Kits.
- McLeod County Christmas Project. The entry area Christmas tree holds the wishes of McLeod County children. Please return unwrapped purchase with tag attached to Bethlehem UMC by Sunday, December 10.
- Operation Christmas Child Shoebox You may put together a shoebox on your own. Directions on how to pack or donate money to purchase supplies that will be used to complete a church-wide filling of shoeboxes on Wednesday, November 7, for 48 girls shoeboxes and 48 boys shoeboxes. Collection week is the 3rd week of November. UPDATE - The shoeboxes will be delivered to children in the country of South Africa and of Gabon (located on the west coast of Africa).
- Warm Coat Collection for Common Cup
- Drop off your gently used coats at Bethlehem UMC by October 10.
BETHLEHEM SUPPORTS A WIDE VARIETY OF MISSIONS LOCALLY, NATIONALLY, and INTERNATIONALLY
**To find out more about each select the name of the mission**
Hutchinson Public Schools Volunteer Building Greeters
Mcleod County Christmas Project